Thursday, September 27, 2007

A typical September day

I was wondering exactly how hot it gets down in the Galapagos. I think it's odd how you said that penguins can live there. I'm just curious what the average temperature is on the islands on a typical September or October day. Also, does it ever get cold in the winter since it's right along the equator?

Allie, pd. 9

Allie, it does seem very odd that there are penguins around the Galapagos Islands. This is because of the Humboldt Current (read Cara's entry "Not typically tropical" dated September 19th). I just looked up the ten-day forecast on weather.com for the Galapagos. The temperature will be in the low 70s every day. We'll have to do some research to find out what the temperature is year round, or maybe I can just take another trip to the islands in the winter!