Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fishing, anyone?

Hey Ms. Barrett,
I was just wondering, are there any major cities in the Galapagos Islands, and if so what can you do there? Also, if I were to go fishing, would I catch anything different than I would in the United States?

Elijah Pd. 1

Elijah,
Yes, the major town on this island is Puerto Baquerizo Morelo, which happens to be the capital of the Galapagos Islands. But it really isn´t that large at all. The largest town is Puerto Ayora on the island of Santa Cruz. For fun on the islands, children around your age play soccer, volleyball, basketball, go swimming, spend time with their families, and hang out with friends.

The locals on San Cristobal fish for carabale, loros, sapatillas, and roncadores. These are the Spanish names; I have to find out what they are in English!